Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"You're the meanest Mom EVER!"

     "You're the meanest Mom EVER!"  This is a quote that rolled out of Houston's, my 4 year old's, mouth yesterday while in the GAP.  A normal mom would have had embarrassment take her over, but not me!  No, it was pure anger and the overwhelming desire to pinch his little head off.  Don't worry Child Activist, I did a proper "time out" that would have made the Super Nanny proud! 
     My voice got real low and manly.  Intense eye contact was made, then I turned his little tail around in the corner and resumed shopping.  Score one for MOM! 
     Not only was I irritated for the loud scene that he just made, but I was more peeved that I had just taken them to the movies and to Chuck E. Cheese.  I don't know about other places in the world, but here in the good U.S of A. that should throw any mom into the GREATEST MOM category.  Nope, not with my kiddos.  I blame this on my mother.  I like to blame everything on my mom and I guess that is what I get for doing so...2 spoiled rotten kids.  How do you give your kids everything and still teach them to be grateful?  Well if you know please let me know!
     On a lighter note, after the time out and a "sorry Mom", we walked straight out of that store and directly into the candy store.  Even though they think I'm horrible, one day they will forget about the attitudes they had and just remember that their Mom was, in fact, an "Awesome Mom".  I guess it's kind of like a savings bond, the full benefits will not be seen for many years but totally worth the investment!

This was another day that I wasn't quite The Meanest Mom Ever!

    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment